My 24 Books of 2019
In 2019 I set a goal to read 24 books in 12 months (largely in the self-development space) – and with the help of some recommendations from friends and experts, the list turned out some really amazing titles.
Some might argue 2 books a month is a lot of books, and some might argue it’s a tiny number. What were my thoughts on the experience? Check out my summary, What I Learned From Reading 2 Books a Month for 12 Months.
Without further ado, here’s my 2019 list, categorized by general subject. They are in no particular order; however I’ve starred ones I would highly recommend (amazingly, many of them).
Personal Growth / Self Help / Health
- *The Happiness Project – Gretchen Rubin
- *You Are a Badass – Jen Sincero
- *Intuitive Eating – Elyse Resch & Evelyn Tribole
- *Motivation Manifesto – Brendon Burchard
- *Playing Big – Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create, and Lead – Tara Mohr
- *Girl Wash Your Face – Rachel Hollis
- The Magic of Believing – Claude M. Bristol
- *The Worry Cure: Seven Steps to Stop Worry from Stopping You – Robert L. Leary, Ph.D.
- *Supercoach – Michael Neill
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck – Mark Manson
- How to Stop Feeling Like Shit – Andrea Owen
- The Gifts of Imperfection – Brené Brown, Ph.D., L.M.S.W.
- The One Thing – Gary Keller
- *Atomic Habits – James Clear
- What if it Does Work Out – Susie Moore
- *The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever – Michael Bungay Stanier
- The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career you Love Without Becoming a Person you Hate – Fran Hauser
- You are a Badass With Money – Jen Sincero
Philosophy / History
- *Tao Te Ching
- *Lessons From History – Will Durant, Ariel Durant
- *Talking with Strangers (audible version) – Malcom Gladwell
- *Building a Storybrand – Donald Miller (one of the best marketing books I’ve ever read)
- This is Marketing – Seth Godin
- Book Yourself Solid – Michael Port